Diary of Anne Frank Question answer
Diary of Anne Frank Question answer. All of you students are welcome to a lesson called The Diary of Anne Frank, this lesson is the fourth chapter of the English book of class X, there are many important questions related to this lesson today, such as very short answer questions, short answer questions, long Answer questions and all other types of exam useful questions will be solved in this blog, so if you are in this blog, please read this blog in its entirety so that there is no problem related to this chapter.
The Diary of Anne Frank Question answer introduction
Very Short Question answer
(a) When did Anne think of the saying ?
(b) Why do you think, did Anne feel depressed ?
(c) How does paper have more patience than people ?
(d) When would Anne allow anyone to read her ‘diary’?
(e) Find a word which means ‘deep thinking.
(a) Anne thought of the saying when she felt sad. She felt bored and listless.
(6) Anne felt depressed because she had no friends. She wanted to give out he some one.
(c) Paper can be torn and destroyed. It won’t say anything. But people can with badly.
(d) Anne would not allow anyone to read her diary unless she found a real fi
(a) Why doesn’t Anne feel she is alone in the world ?
(b) What doesn’t she actually have ?
(c) How has it affected her as given in the chapter ?
(d) What does Anne want to do when she does have a real friend ?
(e) Find a word from the passage which means the opposite of ‘special.
(a) Anne feels so because she has loving parents. She has a family and loving aunts. Also she had a good home. She has also about thirty people around her.
(b) She actually doesn’t have a real friend.
(c) She gets a little depressed because she can’t confide in anybody.
(d) Anne wants to have a good time when she has a real friend.
the diary of anne frank study questions answers
(a) What did Anne do after her eye caught the sight of the note ?
(b) What was the fine thing about writing the essay ?
(c) What three points did she put in her essay ?
(d) Why couldn’t she do much about her talking ?
(e) Find a word from the passage which means ‘to give’.
(a) Anne began thinking about the subject. It was to make it good. She chewed the tip of her fountain pen.
(b) The fine thing about writing the essay was to give convincing arguments. It was to prove the necessity of talking.
(c) She put three points in her essay. One, she argued that talking was a student’s trait. Second, she would do her best to control it. Third, she couldn’t do much. She had inherited it from her mother. Her mother also used to talk much.
(d) She couldn’t do much about it. She had inherited it from her mother. She also used to talk.
(a) Why did the class roar ?
(b) Why did Anne feel it was time to come up with something original ?
(c) What was the title of the essay Anne was given to write on?
(d) Why did Anne jump with joy ?
(e) Find a word from the passage which means ‘funny’.
(a) The class roared with laughter : It was because Mr. Keesing gave Anne another essay to write. Also it had a funny title.
(b) Anne felt so. She had nearly finished her intelligence on the topic of chatterboxes.
(c) It was ‘Quack, Quack, Quack, Said Mistress Chatterbox’.
(d) Anne jumped with joy. Sanne, her friend, had offered to help her in writing the essay in verse.
from the diary of anne frank question answer class 10th
(a) What was the title of the poem ?
(b) Why did the father swan kill the baby ducklings?
(c) Whom did father swan actually stand for?
(d) What was so ‘good’ about Mr. Keesing ?
(e) Find a word or a phrase from the passage which means ‘opposite to it.
(a) The title of the poem was ‘Quack, Quack, Quack, Said Mistress Chatterbox’.
(b) Father swan killed the baby ducklings as they quacked much.
(c) Father swan stood for Mr. Keesing himself.
(d) Mr. Keesing’s taking the joke in the right way, was so ‘good’ about him.
(e) ‘on the contrary’.
the diary of anne frank study questions answers
1. What makes writing in a diary a strange experience for Anne Frank ?
2. Why does Anne want to keep a diary?
3. Why did Anne think she could confide more in her diary than in people ?
- Two reasons make writing a diary a strange experience. One, she has never written anything before. Second, no one would be interested in the thoughts of a thirteen-year-old school girl.
- Anne wants to keep a diary. She has hardly any friends whom she could confide in. Secondly, she can’t talk about anything about day-to-day happenings. In keeping a diary she would do so.
- Anne thought so because she had no true friend in whom she could confide. She treats the diary not to use it the way most people use. But she would treat it as her best friend. Then diary would be closer than any friend.
the diary of anne frank study questions answers
1. Why does Anne provide a brief sketch of her life?
2. What tells you that Anne loved her grandmother?
- Anne provides a brief sketch of her life. She feels that no one would understand a word in her diary without it.
- She loved her grandmother because her parents went to Holland. They left her with her grandmother in Aachen. Her sister Margot also lived with her. Then she lived with her till she was six.
chapter 4 from the diary of anne frank question answer
1. Why was Mr. Keesing annoyed with Anne ? What did he ask her to do?
2. How did Anne justify her being a chatterbox in her essay ?
3. Do you think Mr. Keesing was a strict teacher ?
4. What made Mr. Keesing allow Anne to talk in class?
1. Mr. Keesing was annoyed with Anne because she talked much in the class. After several warnings he gave her an essay on the subject ‘A Chatterbox’.
2. In her essay she justified so by stating that talking was a student’s trait. She would do her best to cure herself of the habit. Her mother talked as much as she did if not more. Nothing could be done about inherited traits.
3. Mr. Keesing was not a strict teacher. In fact, he was a jovial kind of teacher. He was more interested that students should be taught practically.
4. Mr. Keesing allowed Anne to talk in the class after Anne’s joke on him. He took Anne’s joke in right spirit. He read the poem to the class adding his own comments. He read it to several classes as well.
diary of anne frank question answer
- Was Anne right when she said that the world would not be interested in the musings of a thirteen-year-old girl ?
- There are some examples of diary or journal entries in the ‘Before You Read’ section. Compare these with what Anne writes in her diary. What language was the diary originally written in ? In what way is Anne’s diary different ?
- Why does Anne need to give a brief sketch about her family ? Does she treat Kitty’ as an insider or an outsider ?
- How does Anne feel about her father, her grandmother, Mrs. Kuperus and Mr. Keesing? What do these tell you about her ?
- What does Anne write in her first essay ?
- Anne says teachers are most unpredictable. Is Mr. Keesing unpredictable ? How?
- What do these statements tell you about Anne Frank as a person?
Important study questions answer key
1. Yes, Anne was right in saying so. It was because the world usually is interested in reading things of great men. They may be politicians, statesmen or great men in other fields of life.
2. Anne mixes her diary writing with a few things of journals or memoirs. She uses her own genre of writing her diary. Her diary was written originally in Dutch language. It is different It doesn’t follow the appropriate format. It is a mix of a journal, memoir, diary and log.
3. Anne needs to give a brief sketch about her family. Without it no one will be interested in reading her diary. She treats ‘Kitty’ as diary as an insider only.
4. Anne looks at her parents adorable She is all love for her grandmother. She feels equally for her headmistress Mrs. Kuperus. She was in tears when Mrs. Kuperus war bidden farewell. She also loves her teacher Mr. Keesing, though she calls him ‘old fogey These tell that she is an affectionate girl.
5. Anne writes in her first essay that talking is a student’s trait. She would do her best to keep talking under control. Her mother also talked much. She had inherited this trait from her mother. Not much can be done about inherited traits.
6. Mr. Keesing is unpredictable. He gives homework to Anne as a punishment. She does it as rightly as she can. She hopes that after the last essay, Mr. Keesing would give her homework again. But instead he allows Anne to talk in the class. He also doesn’t give her homework again.
7. (i) Anne is reserved
(ii) She is self-confident and inventive
(iii) She is humorous also.
(iv) She is intelligent
(v) She has a sense of propriety and convincingness.
diary of anne frank extra question answer
Diary of Anne Frank Question answer Short (Word limit: 30-40 words)
1. What makes a diary writing a strange experience for Anne Frank ? (V. Imp.)
Ans. There are two reasons to make a diary writing a strange experience for the au- thor. One, she has never written anything before. Second, perhaps, no one will be interested in a thirteen year-old school girl’s thoughts. In that Anne Frank excludes herself.
2. Describe the parents of Anne Frank.
Ans. Anne Frank says that she has the most adorable father. He married her mother when he was thirty-six. She was twenty-five. Her father emigrated to Holland in 1933. Her mother Edith Hollander Frank went with him.
3. How much did Anne love her grandmother?
Ans. Anne loved her grandmother very much. It was because she stayed with her as a child. She stayed with her when her parents went to Holland. She died in January 1942. Anne very often thought of her. She still loved her after her death.
4. What extra homework did Mr. Keesing give Anne Frank for the first time? How did she write it?
Ans. Mr. Keesing gave Anne Frank an essay to write as a punishment for talking. It was on ‘A Chatterbox’. Anne Frank thought over it. She wanted to give solid reasons for talk- ing. Soon she had an idea. She wrote three pages and completed it.
5. How did Mr. Keesing react after reading Anne Frank’s arguments in A Chatterbox’?
Ans. Mr. Keesing laughed at her arguments. But Anne Frank continued talking. He gave her the second essay, titled ‘An Incorrigible Chatterbox’
. She wrote it. Mr. Keesing didn’t say anything for two lessons. But in the third lesson he gave her an essay on “Quack, Quack, Quack, Said Mistress Chatterbox”.
6. What was the last essay given to Anne Frank by Mr. Keesing about? Or How did Anne Frank make the joke of Keesing turn on himself ?
Ans. The last essay was “Quack, Quack, Quack, Said Mistress Chatterbox.” She wrote it in verse. She wrote about a mother duck and a father swan. They had three baby ducklings
The Diary of Anne Frank Long Question answer
Q.1. ‘Paper has more patience than people’. Elucidate.
Ans. ‘Paper has more patience than people’ is a saying. It is given here with a purpose. This purpose is in the author’s writing her diary. A diary has the pages made of paper. Paper is equated here with the people for patience. Patience is associated with the living beings. People can lose it. Paper is a dead thing. You can do anything to a piece of paper. You kick it, tear it, throw it, or eat it. It won’t lose its patience. But it is not as such with the people. So paper has more patience than people.
Diary of Anne Frank Question answer के माध्यम से ‘कागज में व्यक्तियों से अधिक सहनशीलता है’, एक कहावत है। यह यहाँ पर एक उद्देश्य से दिया गया है। यह उद्देश्य लेखक के अपनी डायरी लिखने से है। डायरी में कागज के पन्ने होते हैं। सहनशीलता के लिए व्यक्ति और कागज समान हैं। सहनशीलता का जीवित वस्तुओं के साथ सम्बन्ध है। व्यक्ति इसे खो सकते हैं। कागज एक मृत वस्तु है। आप एक कागज के टुकड़े के साथ कुछ भी कर सकते हैं। आप इसे पीटिए, इसे फाड़िए. इसे फेंकिए, या इसे खाइए। यह अपनी सहनशीलता नहीं खोएगा। परन्तु व्यक्तियों के साथ ऐसा नहीं है। इसलिए कागज में व्यक्तियों से ज्यादा सहनशीलता है।
2. Was Anne an intelligent girl ? Give instances in support of your answer.
Ans. Anne is an intelligent girl. There are good instances in the chapter to prove it. In fact, Anne is mature for her age. She has both understanding and sensibility of an intelligent girl. Mr. Keesing punishes her for her talking much in the class. She analyses it. Then she says that talking is a student’s trait. Her intelligence is clear in how to play Mr. Keesing’s joke on her back on him. She writes a poem on ‘Quack, Quack, Quack, Said Mistress Chatterbox’. She hits Mr. Keesing back with it. He understands the joke. Thereafter, he never punishes her.
ऐन एक होनहार लड़की है। इसको सिद्ध करने के लिए पाठ में कई उदाहरण हैं। वास्तव में ऐन अपनी आयु के लिए बुद्धिमान है। उसमें एक चतुर लड़की की समझ और संवेदनशीलता है। मि. कीसिंग उसे क्लास में अधिक बोलने के कारण सजा देता है। वह इसका विश्लेषण करती है। फिर वह कहती है कि बोलना एक विद्यार्थी की विशेषता होती है। उसकी निपुणता इस बात में स्पष्ट है कि मि. कीसिंग का मजाक उस पर वापस कैसे डाला जाए। वह ‘Quack, Quack, Quack, Said Mistress Chatterbox’ पर एक कविता लिखती है। वह उसके द्वारा मि. कीसिंग पर उलटा प्रहार करती है। वह मजाक को समझ जाता है। इसके बाद वह उसे
कभी सजा नहीं देता।
Q.3.What made Anne keep a diary?
Ans. Anne felt herself completely alone. However, she had loving parents and an elder sister. She had loving aunts also. Yet she felt alone. She had no close friend she could confide in her heart’s deepest feelings. She had many things to talk about. She had friends. But they couldn’t be called true friends. She talked to them about ordinary things but not of the heart. So she couldn’t get closer to them. She decided to keep a diary. She could write in it all her very personal thoughts and feelings. She called her diary ‘Kitty’ as a friend.
the diary of anne frank study questions answers
ऐन ने स्वयं पूर्ण रूप से अकेलापन महसूस किया। फिर भी उसके पास प्यारे माता-पिता थे और एक बड़ी बहन थी। उसके पास प्यारी चाचियाँ भी थीं। फिर भी वह अकेलापन महसूस करती थी। उसके पास एक भी घनिष्ट मित्र नहीं था जिसके साथ वह अपने दिल की गहरी भावनाओं को बाँट सके। उसके पास बातें करने के लिए काफी बातें थीं। उसके मित्र थे। परन्तु उनको सच्चा मित्र नहीं कहा जा सकता था। वह उनसे साधारण बातों के बारे में बातें करती थी परन्तु अपने दिल की बात नहीं कर सकती थी। इसलिए वह उनके समीप नहीं जा सकती थी। उसने एक डायरी रखने का निर्णय लिया। वह इसके अन्दर अपने सारे निजी विचार और भावनायें लिख सकती थी। उसने अपनी डायरी को मित्र के रूप में ‘किट्टी’ कहा।
Q.4.Give a brief sketch of Anne’s life.
Ans. Anne’s life was really full of unusual things. She had no real friends. Her father married her twenty-five year old mother when he was thirty-six. Her parents went to Holland, Anne and her sister went sent to Aachen. They stayed there with their grandmother. Anne was sent to a montessori nursery school. Her teacher was Mrs. Kuperus, the headmistress. They went to Holland after their grandmother’s death. Anne was very talkative like her mother. She feel sad and depressed. She wanted to confide her personal ideas to a real friend. So she made her diary her real friend.
ऐन का जीवन असाधारण चीजों से भरा हुआ था। उसका कोई सच्चा मित्र नहीं था। उसके पिता ने उसकी पच्चीस वर्ष की आयु की माँ से शादी की जब वह छत्तीस वर्ष का था। उसके माता-पिता हॉलैण्ड चले गये। ऐन और उसकी बहन ऐकन चली गईं। वे वहाँ अपनी दादी के पास रहीं। ऐन को मौन्टेसरी नर्सरी स्कूल भेज दिया गया। उसकी मुख्याध्यापिका मिसेज क्युपरस थी। उनकी दादी की मुत्यु के पश्चात् वे हॉलैण्ड चले गये। ऐन अपनी माँ की तरह काफी बातूनी थी। वह उदास और उदास मुद्रा में रहती थी। वह अपने व्यक्तिगत विचारों को एक सच्चे मित्र के साथ बाँटना चाहती थी। इसलिये उसने अपनी डायरी को एक सच्चा मित्र बनाया।
Q.5. Anne says teachers are most unpredictable. Is Mr Keesing unpredictable ? How?
Ans. Anne rightly says that teachers are the most unpredictable. Mr. Keesing is also so. Anne speaks much in the class. Mr. Keesing asks her not to speak. But she continues. He punishes her by giving her an essay to write. She writes it. It should be the last. But Mr. Keesing gives her another essay as Anne continues to talk. So Mr. Keesing gives her the third essay to write. This time she makes fun of Mr. Keesing through the story of a swan and three baby ducklings. Mr. Keesing should punish her more. But he does not do so. On the other hand, he allows her to talk. He doesn’t give her any extra work. He also makes jobes.
ऐन ठीक कहती है कि अध्यापकों के बारे में भविष्यवाणी नहीं की जा सकती। मि. किसिंग भी ऐसा ही है। ऐन कक्षा में अधिक बोलती है। मि. किसिंग उसे न बोलने को कहता है। परन्तु वह जारी रहती है। वह उसे एक प्रस्ताव लिखने के रूप में सजा देता है। वह इसे लिखती है। यह अन्तिम होना चाहिये। परन्तु मि. किसिंग उसे अगला प्रस्ताव देता है क्योंकि वह बातें करना जारी रखती है। इसलिये मि. किसिंग उसे लिखने के लिये तीसरा प्रस्ताव देता है। इस बार वह मि. किसिंग का हंस व उसके तीन बच्चों की कहानी के रूप में मजाक उड़ाती है। मि. किसिंग को उसे अधिक सजा देनी चाहिये। परन्तु वह ऐसा नहीं करता है। इसके विपरीत वह उसे बातें करने की अनुमति दे देता है। वह उसे कोई फालतू काम भी नहीं देता है। वह मजाक भी करता है।
Read it also : The Thief’s Story Class 10 English
1 thought on “Diary of Anne Frank Question answer”