Informal Invitation Class 12 Format, Examples
Informal Invitation Class 12 : Invitations are extended to relatives, friends, acquaintances, and clients on a number of social occasions such as marriages, births, engagements, deaths or other public functions.
Basic English Grammar rules can be tricky. In this article, we’ll get you started with the basics of sentence structure, punctuation, parts of speech, and more.
Informal Invitation Class 12 Format, Examples Pdf
Informal invitations are sent for personal occasions.
Important points for Informal Invitation Class 12
The main characteristics of an informal invitation are:
- It is written in the first person (I/we).
- The sender’s address is written as usual but the receiver’s address is not mentioned.
- The date of writing the invitation is given but there is no need to write the year.
- The salutation is Dear + name.
- The complimentary close is ‘Yours sincerely’.
- Various tenses of the verb are used un like the formal invitation.
- The invitation does not ask for a reply as in the formal invitation. However, it is polite to reply to the invitation.
- The vocabulary is less formal.
Informal Invitation Sample Example for Class 12 CBSE
Sample 1: Mr and Mrs G Joseph of 27, The Apple Tree Orchard, Kottayam, have decided to have a party on the occasion of the twenty-first birthday of their son, Vineet. Write the invitation giving details of the date, time and venue. Do not exceed 50 words.
Sample 2: Neha Rawat, the President of the English Literary and Debating Society of Government Model Senior Secondary School, Sector 19, Chandigarh, has organized an Inter-school Declamation Competition on the topic ‘More Vocational Courses should be introduced at the +2 level. She wishes to invite Dr Geeta Sabni, an eminent educationist, to the occasion to preside over the function to be held on 5 October 20XX at 10.00 a.m.
- Suman/Suresh has cleared the Pre-medical/Pre-dental entrance examination. The family is elated at the achievement and they decide to have a get-together for all friends. Draft an informal invitation for the get-together.
- Write an informal invitation to your friend inviting him/her to the Silver Wedding anniversary of your parents giving details of the date, time and venue. You are Swati/Ashish. (50 words)
- Akshi Thakur has passed out of Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore. She wishes to celebrate the occasion by hosting a party for her friends. Write an informal invitation on her behalf giving details of the date, time, and venue. (50 words)
- As the Principal of M J International School which is holding its Annual Day Function at 5.00 p.m. on 15 November 20XX in the school auditorium, design a letter of invitation to be sent to the Chief Minister of Delhi requesting her to be the Chief Guest on this occasion. (50 words)
- The Fine Arts Society of your school is organizing a cartoon drawing competition. Draft an invitation to be sent to the famous cartoonist R.K. Laxman, requesting him to be the guest of honour at the occasion. (50 words)
Replying To Informal Invitations class 12
It is an essential courtesy to reply to an invitation. The layout of a reply to an informal invitation is also informal, like the invitation.
- The reply is written in the first person. The salient points in the reply to an informal invitation are: .. acknowledging the invitation
- mention acceptance/refusal (It is essential to give a reason for refusing an invitation.)
- making use of warm and simple language
Accepting the Invitation
Dr Geeta Sahni was invited to preside over the Inter-school Declamation Competition to be held on 5 October 20XX at 10.00 a.m. by Neha Rawat, the President of the English Literary and Debating Society of Government Model Senior Secondary School, Sector 19, Chandigarh. On behalf of Dr Geeta Sahni, write a letter to Neha Rawat accepting the invitation.
Declining the Invitation
Mr and Mrs G Joseph of 27, The Apple Tree Orchard, Kottayam invited their neighbour, Priyanka, to a party on the occasion of 21st birthday of their son, Vineet. Write a reply to the invitation on behalf of Priyanka expressing her inability to attend the party. Do not exceed 50 words.
- You are Cindy/Anshul. You have been invited to participate in a seminar on ‘Fundamental Rights of Children’organized by the Interact Club of your district. Respond to the letter by writing a letter to the Secretary of the Club. (50 words)
- You are Rahul/Neha. You have been invited by the Youth Club of your locality to act as one of the judges for an Inter-school Group Song Competition organized by the club. But unfortunately you cannot accept the invitation due to a previous engagement. Write a letter to the Secretary of the Club regretting your inability to accept the invitation. (50 words)
- You are Arjun/Aparna. Your school has been invited to participate in an Inter-school On-the-Spot Painting Competition organized by the Cultural Club of your city. As General Secretary of the Painting Club of your school respond to the invitation. (50 words)
- You are Sachin/Shama. You have been selected to represent your school in a seminar on ‘Education for All’, organized by NCERT. Write a letter to the Professor in-charge requesting her to send you a copy of the working paper prepared for the seminar to enable you to prepare yourself on the subject. (50 words)
- You are Shakir/Ankita. You have been invited to chair a session in a seminar on ‘Genetic Engineering—Its Uses and Abuses’ by the Secretary of the Rotary Club of your area. Write a letter to the organizers informing them of your inability to attend due to a serious health problem. (50 words)
Read it also: The Lost Child Summary Analysis